I’d like to organise a meeting for those who regularly lead groups underground in the mines of North Wales. The aim of the meeting is to try and discus a range concerns that some users have expressed over the last few months, as well as other topics such as access, bolting, radon and this years round of mine inspections. Can I just highlight the concerns expressed have not been targeted at one user group in particular, but broadly!
If you’re available please let me know by following the link: http://doodle.com/poll/57hb9nby7ad6ht6b with your availability, we can then make a decision on a date & venue. The link is also available on the North Wales Mines website: www.northwalesmines.worpress.com
- Chat from Dave Tyson, representing CAL (Cave Access Ltd) who are now managing access to some of the mines owned by National Resources Wales (previously the Forestry Commission)
- Recent rockfalls underground
- E.g. Rhiwbach & Wrysgan
- Use of the www.northwalesmines.worpress.com website & Facebook?
- Rhiwbach parking
- Concerns expressed about the number of vehicles parked in Cwm Penmachno
- Group sizes underground
- Concerns expressed about the number within individual parties being led underground
- No-go areas
- Groups continuing to lunch in large chambers for example
- Anchors underground
- Results of the BCA supported testing of anchors in slate; should we have a preferred anchor?
- Funding of anchors
- Radon testing this year
- Mine Inspections for this year
- Any additional sites people would like to have inspected & are people available to accompany Les
- Do we need a more formal users group or an annual users meeting such as this one
- Look at what’s being done in the Peak District
To make this worth while it would be great to get a broad range of input, so if you are available please let me know ideally here: http://doodle.com/poll/57hb9nby7ad6ht6b. Also let me know if theres anything else you’d like to discuss.
All the best