Hi Gethin hope your well. You may have noticed that the bottom left of the short incline on the walk to Rhiwbach has recently deterioted. The loose rocks and debris there is now gone as of today. I removed it (well pushed it all off). As it was, it was a hazard, as someone might of accidentally stepped on it and come of badly. Just letting you know in case you want to tell people in case they panic its falling down on its own. Andy
Just a quick heads up that there’s some work going on on the footpaths around Rhiwbach over the next 3 weeks (so into early Sept). Access along the footpaths will remain, however there will be heavy(ish) machinery moving up and down the paths so please be aware and considerate!
Thanks to everyone that came along to the users meeting. A summary of what was discussed and decided can be dowloaded from a password protected link. All those who buy into the scheme have been provided a direct link, however for those who can’t get access, get in touch and I’ll pass on the password.
- Monday, 5th February, 2018
- Oaklands OEC
Following previous years gatherings, we’ve arranged another opportunity for those working within the mines to get together, discuss any hot topics, concerns and find out about on-going projects and issues.
Details are also available here: www.northwalesmines.worpress.com
- 10am Welcome/Introductions
- Update from CAL (Cave Access Ltd) who are manage access to some of the mines owned by National Resources Wales (previously the Forestry Commission)
- Developments and access with Bwlch y Plwm
- Feedback from residence meeting
- Update on ongoing projects
- Parking/trip alternative options
- Buoyancy Aid Options
- What type to go for
- Inspection regime
- Any other issues?
- Where we’re at and what next
- Recent rockfalls underground
- Possible projects group
- Mine Inspections for this year (16-19 April)
- Venues: Wrysgan, Bwlch y Plwm, Cwmorthin, Rhiwbach, Gaewern, Henddol & Aberllefenni
- Any additional sites people would like to have inspected?
I’d hope we could rattle through this lot in a few hours, hope you can make it. Directions to Oaklands can be found here: http://oaklands-centre.co.uk/index.php/contact-us/how-to-find-us/
31 January 2018
Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday to shift the first wave of steel into the mine.