NRW Permit request

Venues on NRW land (such as Rhiwbach) are only accessible to LCMLA groups under a permit scheme. The NW Mines Inspection scheme have been provided a permit and can issue others permits as a “nominee”. Permits need to be applied for here to those who fall under the following conditions:


  1. 4.1  The Permit Holder may allow a Nominee access to the Property for the Permitted Use PROVIDED THAT the Permit Holder is able to confirm to NRW at all times that:
    1. 4.1.1  the Nominee is suitably skilled qualified and experienced in all matters relating to the Permitted Use;
    2. 4.1.2  the Nominee is recognised by the Permit Holder either as a Club Individual Member (“CIM”) or a Direct Individual Member (“DIM”) of the BCA , or a member of a foreign club that is itself a member of its national representative body for cave and mine exploration in other countries being the equivalent to the BCA, or as a direct individual member of such a foreign national representative body, or as a qualified leader employed by an Outdoor Education Provider (“OEP”) licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Scheme (“AALS”) for the provision of caving and mining activities;
    3. 4.1.3  the Nominee has appropriate and adequate insurance in place in relation to the Permitted Use; and
    4. 4.1.4  it is appropriate in all circumstances for the Nominee to be allowed access to the Property for the Permitted Use.
  2. 4.2  The Permit Holder shall ensure that the Nominee at all times complies with the provisions of clause 3 of this licence.

For those without an AALA licence providers will need to contact NRW direct to negotiate access (we’re working on this!) 

We need to ensure the terms of the permits are followed, this includes holding appropriate insurance, maintaining records of those underground. Before completing the following form please click here to download a copy of the permit, and confirm you’ve read it and will follow the conditions of the permit.